The IFPA is proud to announce the implementation of the IFPA Challenge Rankings (ICR) for all players. In partnership with MatchPlay.Events, the ICR will be based on the results of official IFPA Challenge Matches held between any two players around the world. Through the results of these official IFPA Challenge Matches, we will be calculating a player’s ranking within the ICR.
Current standings can be found HERE.
We encourage players to get creative with IFPA Challenge Matches, playing both at home with their family members and by connecting with other pinball players from around the world to compete remotely using platforms like Discord, Twitch, Zoom, FaceTime, and Skype.
Players are welcome to play as many games as they want against any opponent. We accept a wide range of formats, from a standard 3-ball game to speed running to playing different titles and comparing scores as best as you can. As long as both players agree to the challenge, we’ll accept it!
In order to provide a competitive alternative while we aren’t sanctioning events for WPPR points, the IFPA will be running the IFPA Challenge Rankings Championship. The top 64 eligible players in the ICR as of January 1, 2021, will advance to the Championship Finals. The IFPA will be funding the ICR Championship prize pool with $1 for every player ranked in the ICR up to $1000.
Stern is sponsoring these IFPA Challenge Matches through their #playstrong campaign. Email pictures of you playing your IFPA Challenge Matches to email@example.com. Each month, we will randomly pick one of the matches submitted and the WINNER of that match will be eligible for the Stern Rewards Program for 2020.
HOW TO PLAY IFPA CHALLENGE MATCHES?
MatchPlay.Events will handle the submission of these IFPA Challenge Matches. Visit here to learn more: https://matchplay.events/handbook/challenge-matches
Connect with other players from around the world at our ICR Discord channel:
We welcome players to add to the ICR Challenge Match Collections spreadsheet here:
Both players will need a MatchPlay.Events account for the match to be recorded and count towards the ICR Standings.
HOW IS THE ICR CALCULATED?
Using the MP Ratings metric (Lower Bound) at the time of the match, players will be divided into 5 Tiers:
Tier 1 –> Ratings of 1700+
Tier 2 –> Ratings of 1650-1699
Tier 3 –> Ratings of 1600-1649
Tier 4 –> Ratings of 1550-1599
Tier 5 –> Ratings of <1550
We will be looking at the following data to determine a player’s ICR:
1) Number of Challenge Match WINS from each Tier (valued at 25-15-10-5-1 per win in each of the 5 Tiers)
2) The winning percentage from all matches played against players within those different Tiers (this is multiplied by the ICR points earned within each Tier)
3) Number of Unique Opponents (this is multiplied at 1% per unique opponent played, up to 100% for anyone that has played 100+ opponents)
ICR CHAMPIONSHIP DETAILS
• Top 64 eligible players ranked in the ICR as of January 1, 2021 will advance to the finals. Players must have a registered IFPA account to be eligible.
• Championship will be a best-of-3 single elimination tournament.
• Players will have 1 week to play their match, or both players will be eliminated from the Championship bracket.
• Players can agree to any terms of their best-of-3 match. Should players not be able to find a way to compete based on games available, the players can request a Challenge Ticket to be judged by IFPA Officials.
• For matches that utilize the Challenge Ticket option, players will be able to pick any 3 games available to them and play one game on each of those machines. Competitors are not required to select the same 3 games. Through Discord, three IFPA Officials will be watching the match LIVE. After both players have completed their Challenge Ticket, the IFPA Officials will vote on who had the better Challenge Ticket. The winner will advance to the next round of the bracket.
• IFPA will be adding $1 to the prize pool per participant, up to a maximum of $1000. The top 8 finishers will receive cash, with the top 4 receiving a plaque.